Our commitment to privacy
We advise all our customers to read the Policy before providing us with any personal information. If you do then decide to provide us with your personal information, then you are consenting to the use of your personal information being used by Smooth Wholesales in accordance with the Policy.
What information do we collect and hold?
This is information about the individual or business that wishes to use our services. It may include:
- full name;
- email address;
- phone number;
- company/business name;
- business address;
- company/business mailing address;
- delivery address;
- contact details for delivery of goods/accounts payable representatives; and/or
- contact details and other identification information or documentation for directors, shareholders, partners and/or sole traders.
This is information from a credit report or our credit application form. If we need to collect information about you in relation to credit matters, then this may include:
- identification information;
- consumer credit liability information which includes information about your credit providers and credit accounts, including the dates on which the accounts are opened and closed, their limits, and their terms and conditions (or any changes to their terms and conditions);
- whether you have or have not met any monthly repayment obligations;
- whether you have defaulted on a payment (i.e. a payment that is at least 60 days overdue) provided Smooth Wholesales has notified you in accordance with the Privacy Act;
- whether you have paid any amount previously reported as being in default;
- whether another credit provider has sought credit-related personal information about you from a credit reporting body;
- information about the types of consumer or commercial credit, and the amounts of credit, you have sought from a credit provider;
- information about court proceedings related to credit provided to you or for which you have applied;
- credit-eligibility information which is credit-related information about you that Smooth Wholesales obtains from a credit reporting bodies (“CRBs”);
- personal insolvency information and other publicly available information relating to your credit worthiness;
- a credit provider’s reasonable belief that you have committed a serious credit infringement;
- any other information lawfully obtainable within the Australian credit reporting system; and
- any other information that Smooth Wholesales derives from credit eligibility information based on its own analysis including internally generated scores, ratings and other assessments used to evaluate your credit worthiness. Smooth Wholesales generally receives from the CRBs credit related personal information including, but not limited to, the information set out above.
Information we get when you use our website
If you use our website, you may leave a ‘digital footprint’ with us. That digital footprint tells us a range of different things about you. This information may include:
- details which record how you interact with our website;
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses used to access our website;
- device and browser used to access our website;
- geolocation data indicating your location; and/or
- dates and times that you visited our website.
How do we collect your personal information?
You give it to us
You could give us your personal information by:
- registering on our website;
- making a purchase or completing an order with us;
- applying for a credit application; and/or
- submitting your details via an enquiry form on our website, telephone, email, social media, in person or any other way we may be in contact with you.
We obtain information from third-parties
We may engage third-parties who provide us with your personal information. This information may be obtained from:
- marketing mail lists;
- public databases and social media platforms;
- other businesses that have dealings with you;
- commercially available geographic and demographic information;
- CRBs (or any other credit reporting body); and/or
- other credit providers or bankers.
How do we use your information?
We are careful in how we use your information. We use it to deliver our services to you and we also use it for other reasons, such as to understand you and your needs. It also may be used to let you know about products or services which we think you may be interested in. We collect, use and exchange your information for a wide range of purposes, including administration. Your information helps us properly manage our services and maintain and update our records.
Providing our services to you
In order to use our services, you must provide us with your information. By better understanding you, we are able to improve our services, so we better meet your needs.
We may need to be able to communicate with you to provide you information about our services. Communication could take a number of different forms; including, email, SMS, social media, telephone or other methods. Being able to contact you will help us improve your experience when using our services.
We want to make sure you know about our services, special offers, and other things we think will benefit you. Sometimes we may use your information to market our products and services directly to you. In some cases, marketing activity may continue after you have stopped using our services and it will continue until you opt-out. You can stop us using your information for direct marketing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In regards to any email marketing you receive, simply click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email and elect not to receive any future marketing material from us.
We may use your information in order for us to comply with the law, and assist government or law enforcement agencies in enforcing the law.
We may use your personal information and the information in a credit application form to determine whether you are eligible for credit.
When do we share your information?
In carrying out our business, it may be necessary to share information about you with and between our related bodies corporate. We may provide your personal information to third-parties that provide services to us.
These services may include:
- administrative services;
- customer enquiries and support services;
- mailing and logistics services;
- payment gateway and banking services;
- marketing and telemarketing services;
- information technology, network, development, analysis and business intelligence services;
- legal services;
- accounting services;
- business advisors, contractors, consultants and bankers;
- insurance providers and insurance brokers;
- people or entities that are considering acquiring an interest in Smooth Wholesales’ enterprise or assets;
- people or entities that facilitate or implement the transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business;
- debt collection providers; and
- other organisations that may provide us with support services from time to time.
In order for us to comply with the law, we may be required to provide your information to law enforcement and national security agencies, and other government and regulatory authorities.
Smooth Wholesales may also disclose your personal information, including your credit-related information, to other credit providers and the CRBs (contactable on the details set out below). In particular, we may disclose to the CRBs information about you failing to meet your payment obligations or if you commit a serious credit infringement. The CRBs may include any information provided by Smooth Wholesales in reports provided to other credit providers for the purpose of such credit providers assessing your credit worthiness.
Such disclosures are always on a confidential basis or otherwise in accordance with law. Smooth Wholesales may also disclose your personal information with your consent or if disclosure is required or authorised by law.
Smooth Wholesales may disclose your personal information, including your credit-related information to the following CRBs:
Phone: 138 332
Address: Equifax, PO Box 964, North Sydney, NSW 2059
Phone: 13 23 33
Address: Attention: Illion Public Access Centre, PO Box 7405, St Kilda, VIC 3004
Phone: 1300 501 312
Address: CreditorWatch, GPO Box 276, Sydney, NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 783 684
Address: Experian, Level 6, 549 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004
How can you access your information?
Under the Commonwealth Privacy Act, you have the right to obtain a copy of any information which we hold about you and to advise us of any perceived inaccuracy. We note that the Act does set out some exceptions to this. To make a request, you need to complete an application form verifying your identity and specifying what information you require.
We will acknowledge your request within 14 days and respond promptly to it. We may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested. If the information sought is expensive, we will advise the likely cost in advance and can help to refine your request if required.
How can you make a privacy complaint?
If you consider that any action of ours breaches the Policy, or the Australian Privacy Principles or otherwise does not respect your privacy, you can make a complaint. We will investigate your complaint thoroughly and promptly. To make a complaint, please email or write to us using the details using the contact details below.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions in relation to the Policy or our how we collect, hold or disclose your information or you would like a copy of the Policy sent to you, then you can contact us by:
- Emailing us: email@example.com
- Writing to us: 29 Levanswell Road, Moorabbin, VIC 3189